Shaw Moisture Meters (UK) Ltd, Len Shaw Building, Bolton Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD2 1AF, England, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is our priority.
This document sets out how Shaw Moisture Meters uses and protects any information collected about you or you give, including, when you use the website www.shawmeters.com, telephone our head office or communicate with our agents. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
1. Personal information we collect
- Job title
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postcode, country
- Credit/debit card information and/or other payment information
- Delivery and billing address
- Device IP address which includes web pages visited and time spent
- Other personal information that you choose to provide relevant to your enquiry when you make contact with us
2. How we use your personal information
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer
- To communicate with you, which includes responding to information requests, enquiries, obtaining feedback
- To process orders and provide agreed goods and services
- For invoicing, account set up and maintenance, processing payments
- For record keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting, research purposes
- Notify you about changes to our products and services
- To monitor the quality of our products and services
- To plan and log delivery routes and requested onsite visits
- To investigate any complaint made
- To provide evidence in any dispute
- To improve your website experience
- To obtain credit references, credit checks
- To protect the rights/property/safety of Shaw Moisture Meters and its staff
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our products and services by email and post as long as it is in line with any marketing preferences you have provided to us and will only send to you:
- where you have consented to this
- where you have not objected and the direct marketing is regarding similar products and services that were the subject of a previous sale or enquiry
If you do not wish to receive our direct marketing information you can choose to opt-out at any time by contacting Shaw Moisture Meters
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
- Where you have provided consent
- For the performance of a contract or prior to entering contract
- Legal obligation compliance, e.g. health and safety, complaints and investigations, litigation
- To protect your interests or the interests of another person
- For our legitimate interests in:
- managing your account and communicating with you
- operating our website
- sending marketing communication, processing orders
- internal business
- protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others), you can object by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please also see “The right to object”
5. How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information with:
- Third party providers:
- who are providing services related to software, customer relationship management, market research
- when necessary for us to process payments that are due
- agents appointed as our sales agents in order to process sales or provide services on our behalf
- our accountants, auditors, solicitors when providing us with professional advice
- any government department or public body when the law requires
- for reasons of public health and safety
- to exercise/establish/defend the rights/safety/property of Shaw Moisture Meters and its employees
- Any other third parties with your consent
We at Shaw Moisture Meters adhere to industry best practice privacy principles with respect to our data collection practices and we are committed to ensuring that the use and protection of any information given, held or transferred for business purpose is privacy protected and committed to the prevention of any unauthorised access or disclosure of information collected. We ask that our trusted third parties adhere to this too. However, our third party service providers may have a separate privacy statement.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected, such as:
- Legal obligation(s) to keep data for a certain length of time
- Disputes or potential disputes
- Guidelines issued by data protection authorities
Data is destroyed via safe and secure method once it is no longer required.
By default we do not collect, store or use any directly identifying information such as name or address. We only monitor the device related information e.g. network related information, device model used, operating system version, browser type, browser version, to understand the general locale of our visitors and for analytical purposes to improve and provide better services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. For prevention of unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe guard and secure the information we collect. Communication submitted electronically is transmitted securely.
Please note, no internet transmission can be guaranteed 100% secure so we encourage you to take care and protect yourself online by using the appropriate anti-virus software etc.
9. Your rights
The right of access – You have the right to a copy of your personal information and how it is used.
The right to rectification – You have the right to modify any personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal information when there is no purposeful reason for us to keep it.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict further use of your personal information as an alternative to erasure. Please note, in order to respect the requests of those who wish to be restricted we would keep a list, we can still store your personal information but cannot use it.
The right to data portability – You have the right to obtain the personal information, only the personal information that you have provided to us, to reuse for your own purposes
The right to object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing relating to your particular situation.
10. Updating this statement
Shaw Moisture Meters reserve the right to modify this document and update the relevant website page www.shawmeters.com/about-us/privacy-policy. Please bookmark and review to stay informed of the latest updates. Document changes will be dated. This document is effective from May 2018.
11. Contact us
- Post – Len Shaw Building, Bolton Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 1AF, England
- Email – email@example.com
- Telephone – +44 (0)1274 733582
- Website – contact us page
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt of it. Please provide as much information as possible, stating what action you would like us to take and why it should be taken. We may charge administrative costs depending upon the complexity and number of requests you have submitted.
If you are still unhappy you may complain to the Information Commissioner, details can be found on www.ico.org.uk.
Shaw Moisture Meters
Len Shaw Building, Bolton Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD2 1AF, England
Tel: +44 (0)1274 733582, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaw Moisture Meters (UK) Ltd. registered office – Len Shaw Building, Bolton Lane, Bradford, BD2 1AF, England, UK.
Registered in England No. 2730480. VAT Registration No. GB606977995.
GD6 Issue 1 – Last updated: 15th May 2018